We are back home now after visiting Uncle Kevin and Aunt Jess in Maryland for 5 days. We had a good trip. My parents went down too so B and I hitched a ride with them. We decided to leave in the morning in hopes that B might take a nap but that didn't really work. He slept for about 20 minutes. He really did pretty well in the car. Didn't really fuss except for one time and we were just about to stop so it worked out. The last leg of the trip(3 hours) I sat with him and we played and sometimes I ignored him and he did great. It was nice to have 3 people to rotate and entertain him but then that meant that he didn't want to sleep because there was too much going on. The whole trip took about 6 1/2 hours. Once we got to Kevin and Jess' B was on the go non stop. I realized that is the benefit of not having a big place. It's hard enough chasing him around our place. I am sure I would totally be in shape if we lived in their house and I chased him around there all day:-) They also had ceiling fans(yay!) so that was nice. Brayden also tried to become friends with one of their cats Tux, but finally Tux decided to tell Brayden he didn't really want to be friends. It was funny though because everytime B saw Tux his voice got really high and he would run towards Tux with his arms out. Kevin and Jess have a step inbetween their kitchen down to their living room and I was worried that he would continue to fall down it. I guess after a few falls he figured it out and the rest of the time he never fell down again. He would walk to the edge then drop to his belly and slide backwards down. Sometimes he would get really excited about going to the living room he would stard sliding really soon, other times he would get right to the edge and slide down. Here is a video I took trying to show him doing it.
While we were there we also went to Jess' workplace open house. It was a lot of fun but B didn't appreciate the crowds at all and wanted to be held the whole time. So we used the stroller to carry our stuff and we rotated holding B. He didn't even want to be put down to walk which surprised me. I thought he would atleast walk because every time we go out he insists on walking. We came back Monday and he did great in the car again. It was nice to get away for a few days and hopefully little B's non stop activity didn't tire or bother people too much.
Here are some pictures that I took real quick inbetween following him around the house making sure he didn't damage too many things.
He loved to watch the ceiling fan while eating his meal and sometimes he had to watch it at this angle

Here he is trying to convince Tux to come out and play

Offering Tux water

Listening to Grandpa's concert

Hanging out with Aunt Jess

Playing "where's Brayden?" with Uncle Kevin. (When you ask "where's Brayden?" B will put his head down while you ask it a few times then look up and we say "there he is!" and B laughs so much

Having fun in the car with grandma!
2 comments:
Great pictures Kari! Loved having you guys visit, thanks so much for coming down! B is so cute and I'm glad he had fun. I think Tux misses him now and really does want to be his friend! :-D
LOL - I love the step video. That is too much.
Post a Comment