Monday, January 5, 2009

Snow Time!


Every time I walk outside with B I carry him so he doesn't get messy in the snow and slush and ice. Everyone lately has asked me how Brayden likes the snow and I just tell them how we have not braved it yet. Ok, it's all me who didn't want to take a half hour to dress him for us to only spend 10 minutes outside in the way too cold weather. Then for us to just come inside and spend another half hour getting him changed again. So today I decided it was the day. We are always looking for activities since the days can get long. So since we had already been to the Y in the morning and the temp was above 30, we decided to make playing in the snow our afternoon activity. We went to Grandma and Grandpa's since they have more snow covered yard than we do. We got him all dressed and we were ready to go out the door. Ofcourse we needed to take pictures before we even made it outside!

I set him down and he was off. He ofcourse had a little trouble walking in the snow but he just laughed the whole time even when he was stuck on the ground and couldn't get up(sound like a little Randy?).

When he did fall down he had a great time examining the white stuff that was stuck to his mittens.


I decided since he loves to climb that it might also be a good idea to have him climb the snow pile to help get rid of some of his energy!(yes he also discovered that he could eat the snow too)




So we did spend about 20 minutes outside and he had a lot of fun which made it fun for me! I guess you can tell by his smile that we will probably be venturing out in the snow again. Now I just have to buy a sled!

3 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Very cute-he looks like he enjoyed himself! Eli & I will brave putting on his snowsuit when it snows again :)

Kylie said...

I mean, who doesn't love to eat snow???

Farrah said...

So cute. Hattie doesn't like snow. I think because it's cold...such a priss. I laughed that it took you 30 minutes to get him dressed. So true...almost makes it not worth it! :o)