We had Brayden's birthday party this past weekend and it was a great weekend! I honestly couldn't have asked for a better weekend(except for a minor cake accident). Kevin, Jess, Clare, Sissy, Farrah, Hattie, my parents, and Ren's coworker and his wife were all here to help us celebrate. It was the first time that B got to meet Clare since he didn't get to see her when she was born since she was in the NICU. It was fun to see him around her. He of course really didn't pay attention to her until he realized she had fun toys to play with like his old gym. I even caught him a few times giving Clare a kiss. So cute. Poor Clare did suffer a few accidental hits from B which I felt bad about.
It was also fun to watch Brayden and Hattie together. They too didn't really pay attention to each other all that much but once in a while B would try to carry on a conversation with her in his own language. I loved listening to Hattie talk. She is such a cutie and so different from my little guy who would rather run and throw things and jump off a chair than talk.
Brayden loved eating the Doritos and Hattie loved the candy. We finally had to hide the candy. She was so funny to watch when she was on her sugar high.
I usually don't plan too many activities for parties so here are some pictures of people just hanging out talking and enjoying the day.
I thought that since last year I had B wear a crown I would have him wear a farmers hat this year since his party was a farm theme. He loves Old Mac Donald and anything involving animals especially farm animals. He and Hattie were not too excited to wear the hat. Bummer:-)
We just had pizza and salad and chips and dip and veggies for dinner and then it was time for cake!
When I lifted B up to show him his cake he was so excited to see a pig and cow on it and he tried to rip them off! I was just glad he realized what they were!
Once we sang to him he tried to blow the candles out but didn't have enough strenght so Ren and I helped out a bit.
Brayden could hardly wait for the cake to be cut so he could have a piece and was so excited to eat it he coudn't sit still. But really, he never sits still for a meal:-)
Then it was time to open presents. It was so fun this year because Brayden actually participated in opening them and was so excited to do so. He got a lot of new clothes which were great and new books which will make me happy because we needed some new ones because B and I have all our other books memorized. He also got great new toys like a See n Say with animals on it, an Aquadoodle mat, and a wooden car toy that every time he plays with it and the cars get to the bottom he screams "yay!"
Hattie was a little bored(I think her sugar high had worn off) so my mom had bought her a few things and she was so excited to see her new hair clips and necklace! SO Cute!
Ren and I picked out blocks and a little battery powered 4x4.
I told Ren that eventhough it is loud seeing his smile while he rode it around after he opened it was priceless.
Once he figure out the pedal and got the hang of it he would drive towards the people and stop and hop off and say "WOW!" He loved having an audience so this went on for quite some time.
After Brayden rode it around for a bit he decided to let Harriet try it out.
But really he just wanted her to ride it so he could sit and watch the wheels!
And then they rode together!
We had such a great party and what made it great was the family and friends who were here to help us celebrate. I was worried how B would be around everyone since he has been a little anxious since the move but he was great. Like my mom said, he knew it was his party and he was having a great time. It was fun to see him have so much fun and realize it was for him and and be able to participate in it all. Thanks to everyone who made it a great party, and thanks to Brayden for turning two so we could have a party!
2 comments:
Have you thrown out the 4 wheeler yet? ha ha. Love seeing Brayden's happy face...he had a great birthday!
Love the cake! Looks like a good time!
Post a Comment