Did you miss us? I can't really say that we are back into blogging but I thought I would update everyone. We have been so busy and I know that is not a good excuse since everyone else is really busy too. Since November Ren has been gone every other weekend on job interviews. When he is here he is on call and usually in the hospital:-( I just have to remind myself that we are thankful he is able to get paid to go on interviews and that he has a job. The biggest news is that Ren passed his board exam. He had to fly to Rhode Island and pay lots and lots of money to take an oral exam that lasted a few hours. He texted me the night that he took it and was pretty sure he failed so we were bummed until we got the news a few days later he passed! Yay! He is now a board certified surgeon!! I am so proud of him!! It has been a long 5 yrs of residency, 1 year research and 6 months(so far) of fellowship for that one piece of paper. When Ren has been out of town B and I usually pack up and head out somewhere too. Columbus and NY have been our recent destinations. We had a great Christmas with all our family. B was sick on Christmas and I don't know if he had a bug or was just unsure about the whole situation. We all survived though and Sunday when we got back to PA we had Christmas again with the 3 of us and he was very excited. B is getting so he likes school more and more. I love watching him interact with all the kids. I am so glad I found this school for him. His teachers are wonderful. The day before Christmas break they had a little concert for all the classes to sing a couple songs and then the director of the school read a book. B decided the best seat to watch all the singing was on the directors lap. She was thrilled! I hope she didn't see B pretending he was a cat earlier crawling through all the kids saying " meow, madge, meow" Since we live in the snowbelt we have taken advantage of playing outside quite a bit which always makes for a nice long nap for B, and usually me too! I will try to get better at updating. Until then, here are some pictures from the last couple months!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Lets Catch Up!
Did you miss us? I can't really say that we are back into blogging but I thought I would update everyone. We have been so busy and I know that is not a good excuse since everyone else is really busy too. Since November Ren has been gone every other weekend on job interviews. When he is here he is on call and usually in the hospital:-( I just have to remind myself that we are thankful he is able to get paid to go on interviews and that he has a job. The biggest news is that Ren passed his board exam. He had to fly to Rhode Island and pay lots and lots of money to take an oral exam that lasted a few hours. He texted me the night that he took it and was pretty sure he failed so we were bummed until we got the news a few days later he passed! Yay! He is now a board certified surgeon!! I am so proud of him!! It has been a long 5 yrs of residency, 1 year research and 6 months(so far) of fellowship for that one piece of paper. When Ren has been out of town B and I usually pack up and head out somewhere too. Columbus and NY have been our recent destinations. We had a great Christmas with all our family. B was sick on Christmas and I don't know if he had a bug or was just unsure about the whole situation. We all survived though and Sunday when we got back to PA we had Christmas again with the 3 of us and he was very excited. B is getting so he likes school more and more. I love watching him interact with all the kids. I am so glad I found this school for him. His teachers are wonderful. The day before Christmas break they had a little concert for all the classes to sing a couple songs and then the director of the school read a book. B decided the best seat to watch all the singing was on the directors lap. She was thrilled! I hope she didn't see B pretending he was a cat earlier crawling through all the kids saying " meow, madge, meow" Since we live in the snowbelt we have taken advantage of playing outside quite a bit which always makes for a nice long nap for B, and usually me too! I will try to get better at updating. Until then, here are some pictures from the last couple months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah for an update! I have been thinking about you guys and itching to see some Brayden pics.
I love the pic of the two of you at the park. So happy for Ren too...wonderful! And don't forget, you've worked just as hard the past couple of years only you haven't gotten paid - ha ha. The best is yet to come for you guys!
I'm longing for a a Brayden update. Sigh. How will I get to see regular pictures of his sweet face once you move? Not that you don't have a lot going on....
Post a Comment