Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

B became obsessed with this book when he brought it home from the library in the winter time. Don't worry, Polar Animals still has a very special place in his heart!
We read it when we shop at Target or Walmart because they have it too so why wouldn't we?!?;-) They have it at school and actually did a few small group activities based on the book, along with singing to the cd. Which I didn't know there was a CD, or maybe I was secretly hoping there wasn't a cd:-) But the CD actually is fun, because the it makes my job a tad easier. When B wants the CD played he just wants me to hold the book up while he sits on the floor and arranges the letters differently like they are on each page. And yes, I do find myself singing along to the song even if we arent reading the book at the time.
Yes, of course we own the book now and have 2 cds of it so we were finally able to stop renewing the one from the library. So until the next big book comes out and captures B's attention for months, you can find us singing and reading along to Chicka Chicka Boom Boom:-/

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Oh Sissy, that book is old school! It was popular even when I started my Barnes career in Maryland ;)