Sunday, June 28, 2009

2 weeks filled with many different emotions

Well, we made it to PA. The past couple weeks have been crazy. I am exhausted and feel like I need to sleep for a few days just to let everything settle in. Too bad B doesn't feel that way. The past few weeks we have spent packing, saying good bye to friends, more packing, celebrating Ren's finishing up residency, packing, and celebrating father's day. It has been a big adjustment moving away and realizing that my parents aren't right down the road, or our playgroup isn't meeting tomorrow at a familiar playground that I know how to get to. The good news is that it's a small town so I know how to get to all the stores. I just can't seem to find a playground. Ohwell, I guess that's on the agenda for this week. I know we will find our way around(or atleast our GPS will help us) and I know we will eventually meet people so I can have some adult interaction. I told Ren that if worse comes to worse and I can't find a playground, we are now business members at Sam's Club which means we can start shopping at 7am so I can always take B there to run around:-) B had a hard time adjusting to everything but I think it's safe to say now that he is back on schedule. About a week before we were moving he started to realize something was up and he wasn't too fond of letting us out of his sight or sleeping. Once we got here I did have to sleep in his car bed a few times just so he would sleep but thank goodness I don't anymore. It was quite cramped in there! And we really didn't sleep. We just looked at the celining while he would talk ALL night. We have a pool for our complex and you can see it out our living room window so quite often I hear him saying "pool, wah wah, pool" So we are making good use out of the pool even when it is chilly out:-) My favorite part is that we have a deck. It's a giant play pen for B! I love it because I can actually sit and watch him play without him running non stop. He loves water toys so sometimes I fill up his tool bench with water(it's cheaper than buying a new toy) and he loves it. There is so much more room here and Ren and I already can't believe how we survived in our old place with B. I guess that's why we were on the go so often because it was SO tiny. I am sure there will be good days and bad days here in our new city but I am excited about the change and the new things it has to offer for us. We will sure miss having my parents around but they are just a short drive away on the thruway and we have an extra bedroom now so I am hoping people will come visit us often!
Our new living room! B loves ceiling fans, so thank goodness our new place has 4! Mommy's pizza still tastes good even in PA! Daddy's the best because he always shares his food! Outside.....B's favorite thing in the world is to be outside! Grandpa left his shoes here and ofcourse B found them right away! Here is a little video I took of B playing in his bath, aka, the cooler!

2 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Best wishes in the new town! I can understand how a move would be hard with a little one and trying to find a group of new little ones, playgrounds, etc. I'm sure you will, soon, though!

Farrah said...

Yeah for a new place! Glad you guys are getting settled.