Thursday, October 13, 2011

School Day!

I helped out in B's school last week. We have to volunteer at least once a month since the school is half parent run. I really do enjoy it! So here are the pics from my day!
The teacher made this book and it has each kids picture on a page. The teacher will ask one kids, "Brayden, Brayden, who do you see?" Then B responds, "I see Oliver, looking at me!" He loves the book and it's a fun way for the kids to get to know each other. So he is comfy reading it!

During small groups I helped them make fruit loop bracelets. They were most excited to find the broken ones because the teacher told them they could eat the broken ones.

They have gardens in the back play yard. So in class we made ranch dressing then went to the garden to pick lettuce for a salad!

Outside time!
Using water colors to paint on the sidewalk

They have so many different sizes and types of bikes. There is a big track that goes around their play ground. This is B's favorite bike because he says he can go really really fast:-0

I send B to school each day with 2 changes of clothes because they have so much fun getting messy exploring the world around them and the school encourages it. So on school days I feel like I have a newborn with all the laundry. The school has 2 mud bogs. A small one and a big one. The big one has 2 hoses and the small one has one. Thank goodness the water is on low flow! They have a blast! And yes B jumps in the big one pretending it's his pool. When else can you play in a mud bog? I am glad his teachers are so willing to let the kids have these experiences.

No comments: