Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkins!

We picked pumpkins at the pumpkin patch and I got some at the grocery store. So today while I was looking at a small pumpkin that he painted in school(really put one drop of paint on)I thought this morning would be a great time to carve it and roast the seeds. I am not a fan of carving pumpkins at all but maybe because it's so dry here, carving them here isn't as bad. The insides are not as slimly. Still a mess but not bad. Anyways, here we are carving. See how interested he is?!?!


Oh, seeds are out mommy? Do you need me to show you with my flashlight?


As I was carving he did "participate", I asked what shape he wanted for the eyes and nose and if he wanted a happy or scary face.




Since we were on a roll I decided to decorate the 2 pumpkins I bought at the grocery store. I knew he wouldn't want to carve them, so I bought paint awhile ago thinking he would want to paint it. But then I saw how he painted his pumpkin at school with a dot of paint and looked for another solution. Thank goodness the dollar section at Target had felt sticker faces for pumpkins. Perfect!


The finished products!


P.S. the roasted pumpkins seeds were delish too!

No comments: