Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Party Time!

We had Brayden's 1st birthday party on Saturday the day before his birthday. We decided to keep it small since Mom and Dad's place is small and we didn't know how fussy he might get. I have heard stories of babies being miserable at their parties so we decided to be cautious. Turns out though that B was great! No major meltdowns. It was Ren's job to make sure that while I was getting ready for the party that B was at our house taking a good nap. He did so that helped. I totally over judged how much food to have so if you are hungry please stop by, we'll feed you:-) We had the normal cookout foods and then had cake(choice of chocolate or carrot) and ice cream for dessert. Sissy and Kevin and Jess and Ren's parents were all able to make it so that was awesome for us. We didn't have a theme but one of the nicknames that Brayden has been given this past year is The Prince, so I did make him a castle cake and made him wear a crown while we sang to him. He got so many great presents. Thank you to everyone who came and shared this great day with us. It was a great day! Here are some pictures.
All Set for the party! Trying on our party hat Hanging with Aunt Sissy Entertaining himself while everyone ate Time to eat The Prince's Castle Make a wish! Family pictures Cake Time.....dig in! My friend Kim took this video of him eating the cake


Time to open the presents






The smile on his face shows just how much fun our little prince had at his 1st birthday party!

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Happy Birthday Brayden!! I LOVE the cake. I can't believe you made it - looks like something you would buy at a special shop. You should bake cakes girl...in your free time. ha ha

amosclarkson said...

Yay to first birthdays! As I said in your last post, love the cake!! He looks like he had a great time. I was afraid Eli would get cranky & overwhelmed, too, but he enjoyed himself the entire time (except for clean up after cake...never likes that, though!!). Here's to another great year!