We had the most wonderful and busy weekend. We celebrated B's birthday with his friends on Saturday. It really was the best time. It was perfect. Today was not so perfect and it was my fault with the scheduling. Ya know how kids can get when they are tired? Well B woke up early this morning so it really wasn't the best day to schedule his 4yr dr visit and his school visit so he could meet his teachers. Ahh the stress. The two things that stress B the most and he was tired. Yup, sounds like I just nomiated myself for mom of the year. Or maybe the other people we came across today will because the looks they gave me said it all! Ohwell, we survived. Here's hoping tomorrow is a little more relaxed:-/
He was happy for a few minutes at the doctor so I took a picture. This was before he got his shots. Shots for a toddler are way worse than seeing your baby get them. He did great though, actually better than I though. He was more upset on the scale. Go figure.
Later we went to go meet his new teachers. They were great and let him get settled before they even approached him. It really was perfect because when B is in his mood, the more you talk, the worse he gets. He had a great time the rest of the afternoon so fingers crossed for the start of school next week:-)
So here we are, counting down til bedtime. He woke up early so I have high hopes he will go to bed early. I have learned my lesson and will look at schedules better next time I schedule things. I did almost cry as we walked out of the dr. and B had big tears still and looked at me and said "mommy, I love you" It's always nice to get some reassurance from the boss:-)
1 comment:
Aww...poor guy. I know what you mean about the tired thing though I don't think any kid is thrilled about shots - eek.
Post a Comment