Last week I did something I started to regret right after I did it. I signed B up for swim lessons. Then started to think that it wasn't such a bright idea. B isn't your average toddler. He has been through 2 big moves in 3 years so has increased anxiety in situations that most kids have grown out of. So this morning I tried to tell him about the pool and of course all we wanted to do was stay home. He was quite impressed that I found his Thomas tote so that helped get us there. He actually did great but I was still so nervous we were there extra early. With B, early can be bad but I decided to still change him and just sit on the bench and watch the other classes. There is only one other little boy in B's class so when the teacher said it was time to get in the pool the both were a little hesitant and B actually got in first.....then got out. After explaining that if he got in after we would go home and watch Toy Story 2 he was happy to get in! Yay, no tantrum or tears! I sat and watched the whole "class". It was actually quite entertaining. 2 boys are so different than girls!
Jumping in, when the teacher told him to jump he would then sit down and slide in. Yup, the boy who will jump off anything had no desire to in the pool!

Doing laps and he laughed the whole time!

Waiting for his turn, yes he was making small spashes but the fact he sat there was big!

30 minutes later the class was done. Will we be in the beginner class for quite awhile? yes, but the fact that we have made so much progress makes me happy! On the way out he shouted "thank you pool! see you next time!" and gave his teacher a high five. It's all about little steps!
No comments:
Post a Comment