Thursday, May 19, 2011

Date!

B had a supervised date at our house yesterday. Lilly came to play! She may only be 1 but she sure does know how to keep up with the boys and loves every minute. Lilly is Trista's daughter and Trista watches B for us. Yesterday when I picked B up we were both commenting on how our kids have kept us up every night lately. Of course I offered to watch Lilly any time she needs a break and she always says ok I will let you know. Yesterday though in the afternoon I texted her and said I really meant it and she she took me up on the offer. Her husband is deployed overseas so she said she just wanted to grocery shop by herself. Can't blame her! I don't know if I could live in a city where I don't know anyone and have my husband deployed. It's hard enough being in a city where you don't know anyone and having your husband work so much it seems like we don't see him for weeks;-)
Lilly got here and B was so excited. I didn't tell him until they got here. The minute she was here all I heard was, "lilly do you want to play blocks? Lilly do you want to..... Lilly do you want to..." Lilly brough her blanket and she didn't need it but B wanted to take her for a spin in the truck, with her blanket. Then he had to grab a blanket.

I love that picture thought because of Lilly's face. She is usually all smiles but here her face is saying where am I and what is going on!.
Cooking a meal. He of course had to show off everything.

The best part was that when Lilly got a toy out to play with, Brayden played with her too and now he is playing with his old toys again. Perfect!

We had so much fun with Lilly and we hope she gets to come back soon. Not only because B loves her, but her Mom deserves a break too!

1 comment:

Farrah said...

Cute! How lucky Lilly's mom is to have you as a friend.